Illuminate the future with us! Laclede Electric Cooperative is on the hunt for a visionary Electrical Engineer to join our close-knit family of forward-thinkers. As a crucial member of our team, you’ll be at the forefront of delivering sustainable and reliable energy solutions to empower communities. If you’re passionate about driving positive change, electrifying rural landscapes, and fostering a brighter tomorrow, your journey starts here. Join us in rewiring the future and be a key player in lighting up lives across our cooperative network!
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university is preferred. Qualified applicants may have a Bachelor of Science in a related engineering discipline (mechanical engineering, civil engineering, etc.)
- Ability to become knowledgeable in electrical distribution system design, construction, operation, and maintenance is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Experience is preferred, but not required.
- Missouri Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain is preferred.
- May be expected to occasionally walk, bend, stoop, squat, and lift and move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to walk a mile across uneven terrain, traverse ditches, fences, and creeks to observe, design, and inspect power line construction and right-of-way clearing.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions using hands and fingers with various equipment such as: computer keyboard, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Passing a company required physical exam and drug screening is mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, coordination, overcurrent protection, voltage regulation, load balancing, planning, and troubleshooting of the Cooperative’s electric power distribution system.
- Assist other departments using, configuring, and maintaining AMI, SCADA, GIS, EA, OMS, and Billing systems.
- Maintains acceptable distribution system voltages and capacity through assessment, system improvements, and construction projects as necessary.
- Conducts system planning studies including load projections and modeling of the distribution system with Engineering Analysis software.
- Assists in the development of all studies required by Cooperative (Construction Work Plan, Long Range Plan, Sectionalizing Study, Contingencies Study, etc.).
- Assures safe, efficient, and reliable distribution system design for new construction modifications to existing facilities.
- Assists with the prioritization of work plan projects for Staking Technicians and provides updated information to Management.
- Monitors, evaluates, and maintains the SCADA system including interpreting data, installing, and specifying system information as necessary.
- Assists with the review of completed work orders for compliance with applicable codes and construction practices. If corrective action is needed, documents, distributes, and enforces the corrective action.
- Maintains Outage Management System and assists Operations Department as needed in restoration of outages and day-to-day support.
- Recommends specifications of transformers, meters, regulators, and line protection devices.
- Involved in all aspects of system monitoring, inspection, troubleshooting, planning, and capital upgrade development.
- Reviews applications for the installation of distributed generation.
- Helps assure that designed electrical facilities meet NEC, NESC, RUS, and Cooperative standards.
- Typical office environment, requiring sitting for extended periods of time.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment involving both indoor and outdoor activities.
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions including varying temperature conditions: cold below 32 degrees and heat above 100 degrees.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Interaction with staff, vendors, and members.
- Must be able to report to primary worksite after regular business hours, as soon as possible, in the event of an emergency situation such as electrical outages, inclement weather, etc.
- Ability to travel between offices and attend meetings, trainings, workshops, and seminars, as directed.
Laclede Electric offers excellent compensation, including a benefit package of medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance plus matching AD&D, business travel accident, 401K with match, employer-paid defined benefit plan, education assistance as well as paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays.
Candidates should also complete a pre-employment assessment using the Wonderlic testing system here.