We provide an excellent working environment and offer a variety of exciting and challenging career paths. We pay competitive salaries with excellent benefits. Laclede Electric Cooperative has been in business since 1938.
Current Job Openings
When we have job openings, we post them here and through careers.electric.coop
Laclede Electric Cooperative does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Laborer or First Year Apprentice Lineman
Laclede Electric Cooperative in Waynesville, Missouri is seeking a Laborer or First Year Apprentice Lineman to join our team! We are seeking someone who is a team player and eager to advance their knowledge and experience in the electrical utility industry.
- Under direct supervision, the employee will learn advanced lineman skills through on-the-job training as well as demonstrate competencies through the apprenticeship program provided by Laclede Electric.
- Ability to follow instructions and safety procedures.
- Responds to and assist in troubleshooting problems with the electrical system during normal working hours, after hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Work involves all types of weather conditions.
- Operates trucks and other heavy equipment under the supervision of qualified personnel.
- Ability to obtain Missouri Class A CDL.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate at their own expense to live within 20 minutes of branch office in Waynesville, MO.
- Passing a company-required drug screen is mandatory.
- Ability to lift/move up to 75 lbs. (20 lbs. regularly).
- HS Diploma minimum.
- Lineman’s school certification or equivalent experience is preferred.
Laclede Electric offers excellent compensation, including a benefits package of medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance plus matching AD&D, business travel accident, 401K with match, employer-paid defined benefit plan, education assistance as well as paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays.
Candidates should also complete pre-employment assessments using the WonScore testing system. If you have any questions about the pre-employment assessments, please contact HR at 417.532.3164.
Please fax or email the completed form to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (417)-532-4075.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please contact our Human Resources Director at email@example.com or (417)-532-3164. Toll-free number is (800)-299-3164.
Qualified persons who are members of racial or ethnic minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Laclede Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics prohibited by law.
Know Your Rights
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (English)
Laclede Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled